• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel efficient parking spots

turbovr6jetta

So then I would be lead to believe that Chuck Norris would be the only person that could enforce any sort of penalty for parking in a low emmiting/fuel efficient parking space.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Myth Busters

It's funny this topic was brought up again.

I think the last time it was decided that pound for pound and fuel expended, the deuce was actually more fuel efficient than a prius.:shock:

Last night there was a spot on Myth Busters where they proved that a motorcycle, although more fuel efficient than automobiles actually cause more harmful emissions per gallon than an automobile...in general.

Tell ya what, give me a five million dollar grant and I will have someone prove that global warming, air pollution, sun spots, solar flares, hair loss, kidney stones and alcoholism are all caused by emissions from partially battery powered "Smart Cars".

It all depends on who ya talk to and who is paid to make the numbers work in your favor on any particular day.:)

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with PB,

Do you know the answer to this question..?

What gets better fuel economy and gets you farther on 1 gallon of gas.

1 an atv-quad....?

or

2 a full size suv....?

The answer is a full size SUV

You would think since the quad has a smaller engine it would be better on fuel economy but your wrong. They have a you tube of this experiment.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this goes anything like the last thread on this we will need lots of :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Flyingvan911

Well, if you do the math... When you park one vehicle in two spots you are dividing any possible inefficiency by two. Therefore, the vehicle that gets 15 mpg now gets 30 mpg (15 mpg per spot) and qualifies as an efficient vehicle. :gimp2:

RDUKW

All of this Green environmental Cr*p is just that CR*P. How many Prius's will be around in 40 years let alone 10. Most of our trucks will out last these little pieces of cr*p by ten fold easily. So how much pollution is produced to create 10 Prius's and dispose of ten of them. My guess way more pollution then our GREEN trucks:evil:.

Also if any one knows where to find these stickers I need a few

Ryan

jeeplvr247

I liked how much the last thread like this went into chemistry of combustion. It gave me a chance to finally put my ed-u-ma-ca-tion to work :) On a serious note, just park in the back of the lot, not only will it increase your health and give you a couple more years of life but it will make the other military vehicle folks look courteous instead of a bunch of aholes.

Awesome Possum

All of this Green environmental Cr*p is just that CR*P. How many Prius's will be around in 40 years let alone 10. Most of our trucks will out last these little pieces of cr*p by ten fold easily. So how much pollution is produced to create 10 Prius's and dispose of ten of them. My guess way more pollution then our GREEN trucks:evil:.

Also if any one knows where to find these stickers I need a few

Ryan
Can't help you with that sticker, but I have this one ready to go on the bob.

Attachments

turbovr6jetta

When I think about the prius I don't think about the fuel efficiency. Efficiency can be determined with a high level of bias. But I think more about Sudbury Canada. That is where Toyota buys its 1000 tons of nickel every year. It is mined there cause huge effects all on its own. But a few miles out of town is also where the nickel smelting takes place. Nickel smelting is bad stuff! The landscape it sudbury is nothing but a baron wasteland. All this for batterys that only last a maximum of 10 years before you have to throw away the car or buy another mother nature slapping buckle battery. Oh not to mention having to frieght it to Japan so they can build the batterys and freight them back over here. Cargo ships are pretty fuel efficient I'm sure. I'll try to stick with things that are built on our on continent out of materials that aren't and toxic as plutonium to produce

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just drove my Deuce to a sales presentation and the MIB3 movie. Almost the whole empty so I park to the side and took two spots lengthwise. I come out and people still parked next to me.

I didn't care, I did my walk around looking for crushed cars and small bunnies, fired her up and left.

Good day for a drive, although as hot as it is the water temp got up to 182.

crazywelder72

When I think about the prius I don't think about the fuel efficiency. Efficiency can be determined with a high level of bias. But I think more about Sudbury Canada. That is where Toyota buys its 1000 tons of nickel every year. It is mined there cause huge effects all on its own. But a few miles out of town is also where the nickel smelting takes place. Nickel smelting is bad stuff! The landscape it sudbury is nothing but a baron wasteland. All this for batterys that only last a maximum of 10 years before you have to throw away the car or buy another mother nature slapping buckle battery. Oh not to mention having to frieght it to Japan so they can build the batterys and freight them back over here. Cargo ships are pretty fuel efficient I'm sure. I'll try to stick with things that are built on our on continent out of materials that aren't and toxic as plutonium to produce
I just copied this and pasted it on my Facebook account.. Well said. Thanks

turbovr6jetta

Anytime. Oh and by the way. The sign that is in question is nothing but a LEED point. Them putting that sign there gained them thousand of dollars from our paychecks. I'm currently working on a LEED platinum project (that will also have one of these signs) and LEED is nothing but another way to keep many government employees employed and to let huge corporations charge exorbitant amounts of money for the exact same products that they always sell except that they put a LEED sticker on it. It's a PITA! Hope that wasn't too political for this site

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the subject of parking and environmental friendliness:
-I'm often asked where do I park it (the 5-Ton). I often reply, "Wherever it likes."
-You' ve heard of PZEV's and ZEV's...well, my truck is just simply an EV, an Emissions Vehicle. Do they have special stickers for that?? Man, I love the smell of diesel in the morning...:driver:

My2cents!

dozer1

Just to be clear, are you singling out the creation of the prius for all or most of Sudbury Ca.'s past pollution problems? Hmmmmm I think that looks like a facinating topic to do some google searching about.

turbovr6jetta

Just to be clear, are you singling out the creation of the prius for all or most of Sudbury Ca.'s past pollution problems? Hmmmmm I think that looks like a facinating topic to do some google searching about.
No. I am not that well educated on the subject well enough. I suppose I should do some more research. Im sure sudbury had a good share of polution before hand but toyota buying 1000 tons of nickle a year is very substaintial and the mining and smelting should be considered in the ecological impact of the car. Not te mention that in real world testing the prius doesnt get very good milage compaired to many other vehicles. The prius engine is not a low emisions engine nor is it very efficiant engine compaired to most sports cars. The only thing that it slightly has above most cars is regenerative braking. In my opinion a slight bit of efficiancy added on to a rather inefficiant vehicle by using a disposable battery that does an good deal of damage to the planet that I hope my children will someday get to enjoy is just not worth it. I dont mean to single out the prius but its been around longer than most and is in high production. I also have yet to research any other vehicle, mostly because every idiot in my town is fooled by the " its so much better for the enviroment" prius. There are lots of them here. That is why i use it as exampke

dozer1

No. I am not that well educated on the subject well enough. I suppose I should do some more research. Im sure sudbury had a good share of polution before hand but toyota buying 1000 tons of nickle a year is very substaintial and the mining and smelting should be considered in the ecological impact of the car. Not te mention that in real world testing the prius doesnt get very good milage compaired to many other vehicles. The prius engine is not a low emisions engine nor is it very efficiant engine compaired to most sports cars. The only thing that it slightly has above most cars is regenerative braking. In my opinion a slight bit of efficiancy added on to a rather inefficiant vehicle by using a disposable battery that does an good deal of damage to the planet that I hope my children will someday get to enjoy is just not worth it. I dont mean to single out the prius but its been around longer than most and is in high production. I also have yet to research any other vehicle, mostly because every idiot in my town is fooled by the " its so much better for the enviroment" prius. There are lots of them here. That is why i use it as exampke

Couldn't hurt

mikew

I've got tree-hugging friends that live in Boston and own a Prius. For them a Prius is functional, most of their commuting time is spent waiting for traffic lights to change to green. A Prius or just about any hybrid doesn't work in the wide open spaces of the midwest were I'm located.

The thing that amazes me is that hybrid owners never seem to take into account the environmental impact of their cars production, in particular the battery. Or worse yet, "zero emissions" vehicle owners never count the CO2 produced at the power plant to recharge their electric car (and often recharged during peak hours, when they get home for the day). Zero emission vehicles are far from zero emissions.

Here's some research: Don't Buy That New Prius! Test-Drive a Used Car Instead

This is the only hybrid I'd buy, if I had the money!:Porsche's 918 Spyder hybrid on track for 2013 release, now with 770 bhp and 94 mpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks