• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter base and fuel lines

jag7720

I replaced my oem filter with a generic spin on base and filter and installed an electric fuel pump.

I have been having hard start issues if the truck sits for any time.

I moved the pump to the frame rail so I was "pushing" fuel to the filter and IP. This didn't solve the issue.

What I'd like to do is replace the fuel lines with a high quality rubber/silicone lines that have the "push on" style connectors...I want to get away from hose clamps.

I also would like to replace the generic spin-on filter base with a high quality one... maybe something like the Stanadyne FM100 ... I'd rather have one that uses a generic filter that I can get anywhere.

Can you guys provide some advise on these matters? Thanks!

jag7720

The pump is new... but I have not "checked" per se. I don't have any drips under the pump in the valley.

Glow plugs are new... manual glow plugs control... but it happens even on hot days and if it sits for an hour after driving it.

muddobber40

New or reman? The reason I ask is if its reman sometimes the head and rotor dont get checked properly causing the conditions you have.

Last edited:

BIG_RED

FM100 is a great system. I have one on my CUCV. I love it. Bought it here: 33642 Stanadyne Fuel Manager FM100 Final filter Assembly with 3/8" NPTF ports & 4.3" 5-micron element (31873) My $0.02 - Call them and get a "Water siting bowl". They don't carry them online, but they can get you one. They hold a bunch more water than the filter cartridge alone and make it easy to spot water sitting in the clear bowl before you run into trouble with the water in your engine. And you can check for water without getting dirty every time you check. Good luck!