• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter base ID

acmunro

Hello, I would like to know how to Identify the difference between the new improved filter base on the CUCV trucks and the old style base. I've been looking around and cannot seem to find it. I think I may have an old one. If you have an answer or a link that would be great. Thanks

kennyw

If you can put a spin on filter on the fuel filter base (Available from '82-83 Chevy/GMC's with a 6.2L or even better aftermarket versions), then you have the best available. The square filter style used on the CUCV's are prone to problems with leaking.

dependable

On a cucv, if you take off the filter. on the lower right of the filter base, you will see a 1 inch or so diameter space in the casting. If there is a sensor with two wires attached . it is old style base, if the round indentation is empty, and the two wires go to the back, it is a new style base. I agree with above post that these filters have unnecessary problems. If you are not worried about originality or the STE+ICE tester, mabey you should consider another type of filter system, either a Racor , or old style 6.2 spin on,or similar rig.

Last edited: