• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter bleading issue

Jmeggz89

I had an issue with the secondary fuel filter housing a while back and ran my truck with just a clear fuel filter for the longest time now and never had an issue. I had a shop do that bc they couldn't find the housing. Well fast forward and yesterday I decided to change it. Well took it of and got the same filter from napa and put it back on. I preloaded the filter with fuel ran the truck and let it bleed itself out so that it had no air in the system. Well now it missing lol. Any thoughts lol?

Danl

Danl M915A1

whats missing the Truck or the filter ? If its the Truck, buy a new one and Move away from NJ . If its the Filter look on the Ground under the truck you didn't tighten the filter enought ,..

Careful Dan. No fun allowed here while we're waiting for supermechanic''s fix.

Wonder if some debris made it upstream to an injector during the filter change? Doesn't sound like air in the line to me but I'm fairly new to diesels.

supermechanic

One could believe the vehicle in question is a cucv, since this is the forum it which it was posted.
The Spirit of this site has changed, what had been a group of individuals genuinely interested in sharing knowledge now comes across as a bunch of pre-adolesent males sharing a foul joke.

original

With the truck running, crack open each injector one at a time until you see fuel leak out, then close. This will remove any trapped air from the system. Make sure the filter is installed correctly with the arrow following fuel flow to the engine.

Danl

Danl M915A1

If the truck is missing that really is not funny, But Jmeggz89 seems to have a good cents of humer about it , may be he had it insured tight.

Original's suggestion sounds the most plausible so far. Just knowing how a diesel works vs a gas engine one would guess that a "miss" sensation on a diesel has got to be one or more injectors not supplying sufficient fuel to the cylinder(s). There is no ignition system to missfire like a gas engine as diesels just rely on high compression temps to ignite the fuel charge.

Sorry if we occasionally slip and try to act like actual friends here. This site is very informative but frequently the sense of comradery is lacking. I do appreciate the folks here and their help.

Last edited:

wayne pick

For all you newbe's with little or no diesel experience. and feel compelled to reply to threads with little or no constructive answers and snide remarks, sit back and listen. There's an almost 50% chance you might learn something.

original

Just laugh or ignore the sarcasm and if you need more help, just ask. Someone will help you. We've all been in your position before. It's hard to know everything, you've got to learn sometime/some way. Good luck, mate.