• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter canister completely rusted

Doomsday

So I have been servicing my 84 M923 is bought and got to the fuel filter today.....not too happy about it. Check out the pics I attached but I guess I'm gonna try n clean up the canister as best I can and run it. Any suggestions?? Should I bite the bullet and look for a new canister??

Thanks for the help guys

Joe

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

Looks like rust from water in the fuel, maybe from sitting for months or years. Clean the bejesus out of it and then check and replace filter frequently until she runs clean.
Should be good to go.
BC

Csm Davis

I don't think WM was awake yet when he posted that whacky idea, don't sandblast it you are likely to leave some behind use a rust remover like GE suggested and rinse it out well before putting back to use. It only needs replacement if it has a hole in it or the baffle is bad. Yes I have several for those that might need one.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is in good shape. When I checked mine on the 814, it was 1/3rd full of water, and the rest was a creepy junky looking crud. Washed it out with gasoline, scrubbed it with a clean 3m green dish scrubber, and rinsed it with more gasoline. Dried out the gas, put everything back together, working like a champ now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks