• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter change on a M936A2.

corvette9

After searching for what I thought was a simple question I will just ask here.

How do you change the large fuel filter behind the lt ft wheel on this 5 ton. Dose the canister spin off somehow. I don't see any bolt to remove.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a o-ring under the bolt that needs to be there to seal the bolt. Also a good idea to fill the filter with fuel before putting it back on.
I know it is a plan but in the long run it will help with restarting the truck.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There is a o-ring under the bolt that needs to be there to seal the bolt. Also a good idea to fill the filter with fuel before putting it back on.
I always tend to run the truck for 30mins or so before hand. Even with the filters filled makes getting it restarted with air in it was about easier hot.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

corvette9

What is the air valve for? I'll take a better look at that bolt today. Did all the 9 series trucks have this filter. I don't remember it on my cargo truck. I sold that one so I can't look.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oring is under the square washer, which is under the bolt head, the square washer seats in a square recess. Ensure it is seated properly or a air leak will develop.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the air valve for? I'll take a better look at that bolt today. Did all the 9 series trucks have this filter. I don't remember it on my cargo truck. I sold that one so I can't look.
The valve is to help bleed the water out of the filter. No they do not. The A2's did not come out with them, they added them after the little spin on filters was plugging up to much.

TEAMJENSEN

When changing the screw on fuel filter do you need to install the small gasket on the stud as supplied with the fram p8043 filter?Screenshot_20181211-192123_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks