• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter change out

army98

I'm changing my fuel filter Assy to the spin on type, question I have is other than the water in fuel light do I need to worry about the other sensors and heater? I hope not but had to ask....

army98

forgot to add I'll have a old fuel block with all electronics still attached to get rid of, the shutoff/water drain leak, need new plastic doo hickies lol

army98

fuel tank has rust in it and filter drain / water drain leak (suck air) currently changing fuel filter about every 800-1000 miles, spin on cost $6.00 original 18 - 24 $. Spin no is easer to change also.

M725

You can get filter and block complete for $49.99. You need to clean the tank or get a new one. I the long run it will be cheaper. The fuel block has 2 sensors in it . Why by pass them?

army98

This summer I'm going to replace the tank and add a 2nd one on the Pass side, I allways disliked the fuel filter setup on the cucv anyhow, prone to leaks ect....

army98

I got all mine through NAPA they looked it up to make sure it was right size and I just painted it green to match the Military look lol.