• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter find

jamesonsdad

so i have literally five junkyards in a 4 mile radius (two at the end of my street) and with the price of steel up they all crush cars far too often except one, he knows the value of classics and the appreciation to keep many of them on the road.anywho i paid him a visit yesterday and asked if he had any early gms with a 6.2 and he pointed me in the right direction i popped the hood and low and behold a oem spin on fuel filter with a bleeder it had to be mine and $10 later it was and is now on my m1009 even the bolt patern was the same as the push on base so the swap was a snap.and so far i'm not sucking air like the old system did...

Attachments

jeep-Jeep

Same here, almost as bad as the search Nazi's.

Hey I was just telling you .
I believe if you can not talk about anything discussed on a prior thread at some time in the future there will not be any discusion since everything will already have been discussed 2cents

Last edited:

Fleg

Same here, almost as bad as the search Nazi's.

Hey I was just telling you .
I believe if you can not talk about anything discussed on a prior thread at some time in the future there will not be any discusion since everything will already have been discussed 2cents

You have to realize that not everybody even has a clue what you're talking about. I have no idea who or what Pawnshop is. Is it a person, is it a company? So just saying that "Pawnshop did that a few years ago" is of absolute no help. A link would be much better.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
so i have literally five junkyards in a 4 mile radius (two at the end of my street) and with the price of steel up they all crush cars far too often except one, he knows the value of classics and the appreciation to keep many of them on the road.anywho i paid him a visit yesterday and asked if he had any early gms with a 6.2 and he pointed me in the right direction i popped the hood and low and behold a oem spin on fuel filter with a bleeder it had to be mine and $10 later it was and is now on my m1009 even the bolt patern was the same as the push on base so the swap was a snap.and so far i'm not sucking air like the old system did...
By chance, are there any numbers on the housing? Thanks!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to realize that not everybody even has a clue what you're talking about. I have no idea who or what Pawnshop is. Is it a person, is it a company? So just saying that "Pawnshop did that a few years ago" is of absolute no help. A link would be much better.
But if you do a search and read more than just the titles you most likely will learn some thing . The more olds you read the more knowledge you will gain without starting new threads to cover the same material . You may not find a imediate answer but you will probaly find the answer eventually and the answers to the next 5 questions you planed on asking . Unless you read old threads you will never find the true value of the knowledge on this site. 2cents

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But if you do a search and read more than just the titles you most likely will learn some thing . The more olds you read the more knowledge you will gain without starting new threads to cover the same material . You may not find a imediate answer but you will probaly find the answer eventually and the answers to the next 5 questions you planed on asking . Unless you read old threads you will never find the true value of the knowledge on this site. 2cents
:ditto:
The one thing that I did was to read all of the posts concerning CUCVs and Deuces while I was waiting on my EUCs to clear. Interesting reads, learned ALOT, and at times was bewildered at some of the stuff I was reading. I did come away better for it though. I would suggest it to anyone getting a MV.

Good Luck!

jamesonsdad

the only thing on it was acdelco no number but you may be able to get one from a dealer for an early 80's civi 6.2 or search your local pull and pray (if ya got one) i bought a couple feet of 3/8 fuel line some clamps and went to the plumbing section of home depot and mated a 3/8 coupling to a 1/4 as you can see the brass fitting to the right in the photo the outlet is 3/8 and the line to the ip is 1/4 hence the fitting the filter is a napa 3123 fuel water seperator the whole kit and kaboodle cost me around $30 and was well worth it i hope this explanation helps those who are interested.and to sum things up with jeep-jeep i too have not read pawnshops post from a few years ago and i am not trying to step on anyones toes i am just sharing my personal mod and the success it has brought me..thanks as always to those who read and respond.....CHEERS:driver:

JUNKYARDJOHN

Now that is very very helpful to a computer illiterate old fart like myself. I'm not a lazy, worthless puke that expects every bit of information just handed to him, but at my age you only have so many nice afternoons left. You can't imagine how aggrevating it can be to try to navigate thru b.s. for hours, looking for a simple answer, only to shake my head & walk away. My kid & my grandkids help me get out of trouble on the computer as much as they can, but they live several states away & they only get to visit 1/2 dozen times a year. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR POSTING YOUR LINK. THANK YOU John