• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter pot ID

danny81

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgFound a filter pot on my local clist, the only info that the seller gave was that it came off an army fuel supply truck. And that it had 2 inch fittings. From the pictures it holds four filter elements and has some sort of sock that fits over each element.
I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me, but thought I'd try to post some pics to see if anybody could ID it and maybe tell me if it'd be worth using as a pre filter for wmo.
Thanks for any help

danny81

Well I'll be picking it up Friday. Even if the filter socks are obsolete I think the steel mesh will work great as a prefilter before it gets to my racor pot and my spin on filters.
ive searched for the TM's for the M49 and havnt had any luck.

As for the filter bags, I've been using dudadiesels adapter without any problems. Maybe one of these days I'll finish my WMO filtering setup and post some pics.

danny81

No I don't, but I've been talking to terry at white owl. Hoping we can find some filter elements for this pot.
Ill be sure to let you know when I find something out

6x6TRex

Thank you sir!!Have you used yours much? Ever looked for the filter socks?
I haven't used it at all yet! I have looked for the socks before and I'm actually considering selling the entire filter pot because I never could find any socks or new screens.

danny81

Well that's not very encouraging news. I disassembled the pot last night and what I assumed were socks turned out to be more like a filter element. It's still going to be useable with just the screens, but the single stud that tightens the hold downs will need to be shimmed with a piece of pipe or flat washers. I may try taking an element to napa to see if they might have something similar but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I can't think of anywhere else to take it to to try to source a replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks