• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter prime

Hulk5T

I have a m923 a2 with Cummins 8.3 ,I need to change fuel separator and TM is not clear on purging air from it after change .is it the hex head on top of hand pump?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Run the motor to operation temperature. Fill your replacement filter with good clean fuel. Swap the filter unit in a timely manner. Pump the primer pump till you hear it pushing fuel thru the injection lines. You will hear the fluid moving. Start it and see if it'll stay running.

If it doesn't pump the primer again till you hear it.

The motor being at operating temp will make it easier to get the air purged out.

Hulk5T

Run the motor to operation temperature. Fill your replacement filter with good clean fuel. Swap the filter unit in a timely manner. Pump the primer pump till you hear it pushing fuel thru the injection lines. You will hear the fluid moving. Start it and see if it'll stay running.

If it doesn't pump the primer again till you hear it.

The motor being at operating temp will make it easier to get the air purged out.
Thank you sir

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also on the back side of the injection pump there is a 10mm bolt that is the bleed port to let the air out as you pump on the primer pump.100_1271-1.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks