• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter with glass bowl. Is there a filter?

copperline

I have a Carter M2090 style fuel pump that has the glass bowl attached. Is there supposed to be a filter element that goes in there? If not, whats the purpose of the bowl? Sediment or something? I have searched and searched and have not seen one picture with an element inside the bowl.

Attachments

foxtrk2

years ago some had a stone like material inside but for probably last twenty or so more years they are just to collect water and sediment. the one on my m37 has been working just fine for all these years without anything inside

We own and have owned dozens of antique tractors from the late 30's to 40's everyone of them has the glass bowl fuel filter/separators. Always just a mesh screen and a rubber gasket. Some have had a cork gasket, once you open them up they tend to need a new gasket as they never reseal without leaking. Visit any tractor supply store and you can find parts or replacement units for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks