• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter

M-35A3

I ended up leaving winter diesel in the tank without treating it last winter aua (it was my first diesel) so i ended up getting a white chalky/algae type material in the fuel . I pumped out all the fuel and the tank looks relatively clean with no white gunk anywhere to be seen so i bought some gas and poured around 10 gallons in it to maybe flush the system out . I took the drain off the primary fuel filter to see how the fuel looked when it was being pumped out and to my surprise it was a green color with yellow cloudy material in it which iam assuming is another growth of some sort . Well in my search of a fuel filter i found a fuel filter from mecoparts (Memphis equipment) on ebay that surprised me when i seen it as it had a yarn like material around the secondary fuel filters , So my question is that is this a normal type of filter as i have never seen any filter like it for the m35a2 before or for any fuel filter for that matter .

Here is the item number to show what iam looking at 291429280871 or the actual picture of the filters http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/kDAAAOSwv0tVKDRq/$_57.JPG

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They look about right, stemming from the "old days". One of my first pickups used a sock type lube oil filter. Very effective, but messy to change. Then industry moved to the paper type cartridge, then to the "spin-on". Now were back to some cartridge types.

M-35A3

It would be fantastic to convert the fuel filters over to spin on filters but those are pricey. Is it me or does it look to be that yarn material is some sort of pre filter on top of the paper filter?

M-35A3

Last edited:

Welder1

Gimp,

How does the yarn style filters compare to the NAPA ones people are using? I bought a set of the yarn ones and they look to be high quality pieces. Please let me know your opinion.

Eddie

jatonka

The napa 3540 is a yarn type filter, Gimpy's are the same and cheaper., either way you do need Napa 5070 gaskets. Wish my fuel filter adapter kits weren't too expensive, they really work. JT

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Gimp,

How does the yarn style filters compare to the NAPA ones people are using? I bought a set of the yarn ones and they look to be high quality pieces. Please let me know your opinion.

Eddie
The yarn ones I got a hold of are made for our trucks. They have an NSN, the correct gaskets, and a larger surface are than the pleated ones with the same nsn. I plan on using them till I run out.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They look about right, stemming from the "old days". One of my first pickups used a sock type lube oil filter. Very effective, but messy to change. Then industry moved to the paper type cartridge, then to the "spin-on". Now were back to some cartridge types.
The "Old Ones", yarn or sock types..... They worked in the old days, and the old types will still work today. They're just a little messier to change, but they surely work!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks