• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we've covered this before too.

Did you search before posting? (same question I asked when I deleted your other very common topic posting)

Did you see the gasket numbers in the FAQ/WIKI(that I referenced you to when I deleted your other thread)?

The simple answer is, sometimes. Sometimes non military filters have the right gaskets. Read the dozens of threads on this in the deuce forums to confirm.

Last edited:

Jas0n

The fuel filters from napa, do the gaskets fit or do you buy different gaskets?
There doesn't seem to be one definitive answer. I've read dozens of threads and everyone seems to have their own filters they like to use and some say certain things work, others say it doesn't...

I haven't changed my filters yet (waiting for weather to cool down), but I ordered some new oil & fuel filters from fleetfilter.com

Napa Gold is supposedly made by WIX. The filters I bought (and I'm hoping will have the gaskets that fit) are:

33511 - Primary Fuel Filter
33512 - Secondary Fuel Filter - 10 Micron
33540 - Final Fuel Filter - 6 Micron
51133 - Oil Filter

I believe the napa numbers you just take the first digit off.

eagle4g63

Am I the ONLY one that doesn't have a darn problem with the fuel gaskets on my housings?

I change my fuel filters ungodly amounts of times............probably more than I need to just cause I run a lot of wmo in my truck so as soon as I feel a tinny bit of sluggishness out of my truck I change them all again.........cheap insurance.

Anyway back to the point.....I have changed my filters at least a dozen times in the last 2 years and have yet to actually NEED to change the gasket............it doesn't leak a drop.

vincentbsll

I have the secondary filters already from napa, but I haven't found a definite answer about whether the gaskets that they come with will work or not. I have been through tons of searches and there is no direct answer. I want to be sure the gaskets work or not before I take the old ones off.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, since all the other threads do not come to a definite answer(nearly impossible to do when 30000 members tell you their opinion/experiance), why do you think this thread will yield a definite answer(there is no definitive answer).

You can buy the correct gasket separately(for sure), or but military surplus(with the correct gasket).

You may not need to replace your gasket.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do need to get other gaskets for the fuel filters.
The oil comes with the right ones.
Secondary filter gaskets Napa5070Wix15070Primary filter gasketsNapa5131Wix15131Oil filter gasketsNapa5119Comes with filterWix15119

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks