• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filters and potential truck number 2

Wyattearp

Okay guys in tracking down the paperwork for the truck i have had for 3yrs, okay so i didn't exactly worry about paperwork until know since i am just now getting to where i can work on her, anyway after doing some calling it seems that the same place(town) that had this truck has another one that has been sitting for several years, the guy that ran my truck at the time for the town as a snow plow he said the other one has been sitting for about 6-8 yrs he is guessing, he said the engine was running find when parked the only thing was it would not go into 6wheel drive, not im not sure if it has some thing to do with the front air shift or if its from the transfer case back but he said other than that the truck ran fine and from what i gather is in drivable condition even with the problem of engaging in to 6x6.
Okay can you tell im really excited he told me there might be a chance they would give me the truck and all i would have to do is come get it with a lowboy trailer(cool or what) but I know that engine has been sitting for some time, but with the fuel filters there are 3 if im not mistake, correct me if im wrong, he said he believed this one was an older year model as it has a rag top or canvas top that is( he didn't know it could be a new model).

What Napa brand fuel filters correspond with the multifuel engine or if someone can give me a filter number and a name, if i can pick this one up for little or Nothing(cross fingers) i want to make sure the fuel system is clean before starting her up.

Anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be with the 6wheel drive, as most pple unless they are like us or drove these things in the military and worked on them they are unclear as to what makes them tick, this could be nothing major at all.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me add that the attached list doesn't mention the primary fuel filter. Wix #33511 or NAPA #3511.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not be shocked if the trucks runs as-is. I have a friend that bought a 5 ton multifuel tractor that had been sitting for 12 years. He put batteries in it and fired it up. Maybe, you can towbar it with your current deuce. If it is not far, it will save you money.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, his current deuce is not in running condition. James has been working on the engine and if he can get this new one, the old becomes a parts truck, I would guess.
Like you said, with good batteries, it might just start up. Fuel filters can be pretty raunchy without bothering the engine too much, at least not at "low power". The primary filter should be drained, though.

Wyattearp

I have been gone since about 445am and got back in about 430pm, long day...
Anyways that was my reason for getting the filters was to start her up without clogging a pump is the fuel has gone rancid. Actually talked to Desert Rat this evening he has left me a message to call him, i did after getting in he was at Howards, the truck i have is getting a repower from Howards as soon as the mudd dries up that was what Brent was calling me about as i was going to head out saturday morning to KY for the engine pickup.

This second truck i talked to brent about it and he thinks it might just be the front air lock on the front axle thats all that is wrong with it, and as i mentioned i maybe able to pick this second truck up for nothing or very little since the truck has been sitting for so long and taking up space, needless to say Desert Rat "how lucky can you get" was his reply and the thing is its a runner, well was at the time of parking it.

I talked with the town police chief today he has said that he remembered the truck i now have of course i went into how i come about it and that obviously the power and water dept had let it go as the guy i bought it from his brother is the one that ran the deuce i have for the town as a plow truck during winter, the town employee is the one that had it trailered to his brothers, so im guessing he had the okay as that has been several and i mean several years ago.

I thank you guys for the fuel filter numbers, like i said i may have happend upon a good deal and if so, i will be the only person in the county with his own set of deuce's.. :hop:

Wyattearp

Please help me i have an addiction, and they say drugs is addicting, i don't know about that one but this OD disease runs rampant. gotta go

Wyattearp

First off i want to thank Polverone for the filter sheet, Secondly i have an update on truck number 2 i have found by chance, talked to the Power/water works dept. Boss and he said that right now that was there last resort backup truck for hauling pipe and that they were going to be upgrading manholes, He did tell me that the person i talked to which works for him had mentioned about me being interested in the truck so he is aware im after the truck, he told me to check back with him next spring as that is when their budget for the town renews and they get their new allotment of funds to spend, and it may be that next spring they may be able to completely let go of that truck.
Im unsure what year it is but it does not have the Front air shift, but im willing to wait until next spring on it if i have to.