• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel fired cab heater

baxter

I hope I'm not braking any rules but does anyone know who got those fuel fired heaters on GL and how much they might be going for if they are selling them. Thanks

Vaughn

M1075

I hope I'm not braking any rules but does anyone know who got those fuel fired heaters on GL and how much they might be going for if they are selling them. Thanks

Vaughn
I got 8 of the new fuel fired heaters from here in OKC. Once the EUC clears, several will be up for sale. Price TBD. Send me a PM if interested in one.

M1075

A fuel fired heater outperforms a coolant heater 7 ways to Sunday. These are brand new kits in the box, with hardware and instructions, so I paid a little premium to get them.

baxter

M1075 I know they are the best heater you can put in a truck thats why I wasnt sure that 500 a piece was alot It seems that at that price its a deal . I also understand that they are going to be quiet abit more than that because there werent very many up for bid and its not like everyone has them for sale. I'm interested to know what they are going for when your ready but being in construction I'll just have to see where the finances are at that time.

dm22630

dm is that high I thought they were worth more than the coolant heaters that I've seen going for 500 a piece .

$500 for a coolant heater!?!?! DANG!

I am glad my trucks already have heaters....and the ones that dont, I will freeze! lol

By the way.....I have a Multifuel heater in ONE of my deuces & it will literally cook you alive on LOW. You have to roll the window down 12 inches to breathe & it will crack your windshield if you leave the defroster on. I would HIGHLY recommend the fuel fired heater over a coolant one to anyone in a cold climate!

Chevytruck

$500 for a coolant heater!?!?! DANG!

I am glad my trucks already have heaters....and the ones that dont, I will freeze! lol

By the way.....I have a Multifuel heater in ONE of my deuces & it will literally cook you alive on LOW. You have to roll the window down 12 inches to breathe & it will crack your windshield if you leave the defroster on. I would HIGHLY recommend the fuel fired heater over a coolant one to anyone in a cold climate!

Holey MOLEY!!!

i thought they were going for $250!!! :|

Militoy

The gasoline-fired 28V vehicle and shelter heater kits are almost a glut on the market - but the diesel ones have seemed pretty pricey. I hadn't realized they had gotten up above $500 though! I think maybe the more recent trend towards restoring deuces and 5T trucks has driven the market "north".

Sumoman

Wire off the battery directly keeping it 12 volt. Install a power saver and your in business. I have some medical equipment I bought off GL last year, they each have a 24 volt inverter attached that can create 115 from the 24volt system as they were made to run in the field, You just have to rewire them, and like anything else they are soldier proof so the conversion is not all that hard.

The unit is small, maybe 10 by 6 by 10. I have not tried adapting it to the deuce because I have not picked it up yet:cry:

MrFilson

When I was a kid working in my father's const. company we had a crack head working that had a converter and a toaster oven hooked up in his POS. He would control the heat with the door, until it fell off. He got in a wreck and his elbow slipped into the oven (one in a billion shot). He had major 3rd degree burns from the mid of forearm to his shoulder. His new nickname was TOASTY. When my father told the crew they didnt know it was OK to laugh until he busted up in tears laughing.

P.S. I think he stayed clean after he got out of the hospital.

badgmc56

Man, 500 bucks for a coolant heater? Before I pay someone that amount of money for a heater, the deuce sits in the driveway till spring. Thats just ridiculous!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks