• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Fliter Cartridge Gaskets 803a

Triton

Does anybody have a source for the canister fuel filter gaskets? Changed the canister gasket and the Wix filter only came with the top outer bowl gasket, I reused the gasket for the top of the filter. Also is there a gasket for the bottom of the fuel bowl where the bolt goes through.

Attachments

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sell the NOS wix filters from military stock and i will say all of them just have the bowl gasket. On the other hand i had a few of the Onan/cummins/Lister petter filters that contained a whole gasket set. Although not a fan usually of Fram i had 5 of those filters and they also contained the whole gasket kit FRAM C11941

2Pbfeet

There is a whole thread on this, but the short answer is it is a dash 202 o-ring available from a
many suppliers. e.g. McMaster-Carr.

In general, you can measure the o-ring size and turn it into a standard SAE size via table like this one;

All the best,

2Pbfeet

Triton

It seemed like it was a flat washer but I'll get some of those Dash o-rings for the next filter change. For the filter bowl I checked for a manufacturer stamp but couldn't find one so now I'm stuck on that bushing.

2Pbfeet

It seemed like it was a flat washer but I'll get some of those Dash o-rings for the next filter change. For the filter bowl I checked for a manufacturer stamp but couldn't find one so now I'm stuck on that bushing.
The fuel filter assembly has three kinds of gaskets.
Top to bottom:
1) the thin outer o-ring between the outer bowl and the filter mount.
2) the thick, wide inner gasket/washer between the filter and the housing, (usually comes with the filter)
3) the two, small o-rings either side of the spring on the bolt. (Dash 202)
Are you talking about the large flat washer on top of the filter that should come with the filter, or the two little ones?
You may have a different filter assembly than me, but the anodized red filter bowl looks the same to me. It is also possible that what you have is something different.

FWIW: The dash 202 o-rings have an inner diameter just smaller than the bolt shaft.

From the -24 manual;
IMG_1296.jpeg
All the best,

2Pbfeet

Triton

The thick wide inner gasket/washer between the filter and the housing is the one I need, it didn't come with the the Wix filter I used. I've been looking for the thick washer but no luck, I may have to pull the used one out of my housing to measure it to see what I can come up with. It looks like it was a flat rubber washer. I ordered the dash 202 o-rings, my housing didn't have the second o-ring for the bolt but it did have a spring which isn't shown in the drawing.

2Pbfeet

The thick wide inner gasket/washer between the filter and the housing is the one I need, it didn't come with the the Wix filter I used. I've been looking for the thick washer but no luck, I may have to pull the used one out of my housing to measure it to see what I can come up with. It looks like it was a flat rubber washer. I ordered the dash 202 o-rings, my housing didn't have the second o-ring for the bolt but it did have a spring which isn't shown in the drawing.
I'd bring it into your local auto parts or Napa store, as it isn't too fancy, just needs to be diesel compatible.

The spring is required to keep the filter in place, so it is great that you have it. The one of the small o-rings helps keep dirty fuel from bypassing the filter, the other keeps the filter from leaking.

All the best,

2Pbfeet