• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel gage shows way past full then resets?

CUCV85

:?:Fuel gage shows past full then shows correct amount after sitting 4 days or more. As soon as I turn the key on it then goes way past full. I checked the ground wire that is from sending unit to driver side frame, emory clothed frame eyelett connection and bolt and reinstalled no change though. Did tm trouble shoots fuses all replaced. I hope it's not the sending unit, who wants to drop the tank! I really don't want to torch the bed to make an access hole either...:idea:

CUCV85

I am going to check that out Mike, I know it is not broken. I figured it was the eye connection bolted to frame. Thanks for the tip and keep up the great work on here.:p

I ended up pulling the instument panel, cleaned all the 194 bulb inserts with a knife and bent the prongs slightly to get a tighter fit when reinserted, used a pencil eraser to clean flex board, tightened the 3 fuel gage pressure connectors and BINGO every light works and the fuel gage once again lives.

Last edited: