• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gauge decided to quit on me today.

D10Blazer

Hello everyone Kris here just a little back ground I am entirely new to the m1009 Chevy blazer however I was a diesel tech in the military so I know my way around a vehicle here is where the problem lies I can only find military TM's to which don't seem to help my situation due to the fact that the vehicle has been converted to 12v ( which I heard was just changing the starter) or I am looking in the wrong place so here it goes. I was puling apart the dash to replace my dash lights most of them being burnt out or had bad connections, when I finally got behind the dash I had decided to clean the power grid that powers the electric fuel gauge and the dash lights. After I had cleaned the power terminals and all of the dirt and grim I plugged in the dash,fuel gauge, and bulbs to check power only to watch my fuel gauge fall way below empty ( I have a full tank). Could I have possibly shorted the gauge i checked all of the fuses non of them are bad when i bridged the top two posts the gauge read 3/4 to full were the fuel level read before I had started replacing the bulbs. Any and all help is appreciated I apologize if there already is a feed for this.