• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gauge not working

D10Blazer

Hey guys so I have an m1009 with the 6.2 a couple days ago I pulled the dash to replace all of the dash bulbs (the fuel gauge was working ) that were burnt out. After removing everything to get the dash panel out I had noticed it was covered in dirt and grim so i decided to clean with with electronic parts cleaner. After I cleaned the plastic sheet on the back of the dash I placed everything back in and fired up the truck only to notice the fuel gauge plummet to way below empty and then sit there. What should I do I am pretty mechanically inclined i just have no idea were to start any info or guidance is appreciated.

Takai13

Are you sure that everything got reconnected and a lead isn't loose? Sounds like you have no positive. Bad ground would peg the gauge.

D10Blazer

All of the leads are connected I checked the left lead for voltage and got a reading ,when I checked the right I got nothing when all 3 leads touch the gauge falls below empty all the way to the 9 o clock position when I disconnect the right lead the gauge stays at 3/4 tank. I would use the TM however someone hacked out the 24 volt system there are cut and chopped wires everywhere. When I pulled the dash the gauge worked after I cleaned all leads on the back of the dash panel and plugged all bulbs in the gauge failed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks