• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel gauge only showing half full

If you are sure about the ammount of fuel in the tank remove your in-tank fuel pump and check the float to see if it's working properly. Have someone move it up and down while you watch your gauge.

BimmerPower

Banned
I have the same issue. I have started to just stop using the gauge and manually check the level with my yokes, but now might check the floats. Is it as simple as removing the fuel pump bolts and lifting up the unit??

Flyingvan911

That's better than it showing 1/2 empty! Most people don't worry about the gauge. No one trusts it anyway. Just ask Wreckerman for his opinion.

I have the same issue. I have started to just stop using the gauge and manually check the level with my yokes, but now might check the floats. Is it as simple as removing the fuel pump bolts and lifting up the unit??
Yes, once the pump is removed you can reach inside the tank and fiddle with the float. The float is seperate from the pump so it will remain in the tank.

TexAndy

Clean the wiper on the sending unit with a solvent. Or keep adding fresh fuel and drive it around until the fuel sloshes around enough in the tank to clean itself.

Mine eventually started working right just with a combination of those two.

mudguppy

i know that the needle in my fuel gauge sticks. sometimes it's stuck at 1/2, other times it goes up to 3/4. every now and again it makes it back up to 4/4. :roll:

i've flipped the switch on and off a few times and have watched the needle unstick from 1/2 and go higher.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks