• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gauge sending unit

cybindustries

Mine read low also until something went weird with the wiring. Then it just pegged below E. The sending unit tested good there is an issue between the sending unit and the gauge going to track it down this weekend.

Ray70

cybindustries, did you ever figure out what was wrong with your fuel gage that was pegging below E ?
I have 2 machines doing the same thing, an 803 and an 802. I know that the problem is being caused by the sensor wire's circuit going open at the gage, but haven't had time to test anything yet. Looking at the schematic I believe the sensor wire goes to a terminal block ( which I think must be located behind the wall, in with the guts of the AC reconnect switch ) so I have to remove the cover to access it.
The 803 seems to be an intermittent problem, so with any luck, maybe I'll find a bad connection somewhere.... On the 802 I don't know yet. Haven't looked into it at all yet.

Ray70

Sorry guys, I googled my genny fuel gage problem and didn't realize this wasn't in the Auxiliary equipment section.... :cookoo:
My bad... I'll go look in the right section now!

Lifeson

For anyone looking here's an option for a new sending unit. I got the 15" version and it bolted right in. Only thing I had to do was solder on the connector. They do make a shrouded version like the original but I went with this one because it was available. I bought mine off Amazon but it looks like this place sells them too. http://www.duskyonline.com/WEMA-p-fuel-senders-withdraws.html#prod-chart

View attachment 689807
What capacitance value does it have (10-180 or 240/33 ohm)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks