• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel gauge works when mep-805b is not running, but when running, shows low fuel.

scootertrs

Well, here is my sequence... MEP-805B Generator would not start and panel showed a fault. Arrow was unresponsive in display. after reading several posts (thank you) I developed enough intestinal fortitude to open "pandora's box". After opening and being quite pleased at finding no water within, I continued to investigate and saw one pink wire going to a 2 pin plug had broken off. I repaired that, continued the inspection, seeing nothing else out of place, reassembled it after adding rtv sealant to the cover and de-oxit to the plugs. reinstalled it and now, the arrow moved with the controls.

Attempted to start, no-go... read the manual, held the "fault-clear switch for 2 sec. checked panel and all showed well, including accurate fuel level. genset fired up and ran like a top, generating power without issue, but now my fuel gauge showed no fuel. Momentary jumping of fuel gauge terminals gave me a reading. Any ideas?

What could make the gauge read correct when genset is off and not at all when genset is running?

Thanks for the help.

Guyfang

Staff member
If you haven't taken the sending unit out yet, use a magic marker, to mark it were it was screwed into the tank. Sometimes a pita to get back in when it's off a hole or two.

Eyeball the slider and coil real good. Sometimes the coil will have a break. All it takes is a arc, and the wire is burnt through.

Dont be suprised if the float is not any longer attached to the switch. Commen problem

scootertrs

Update... took sending unit off and you were right. seems sending unit is designed to be used in several different fuel tanks and as such, the contact pot is on sliders inside. corrosion had built up within and now after cleaning, works like it was meant to. Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks