• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Gauge

Lextreme

I added a secondary from one of the Deuces. I would like to hook up a second fuel gauge. Looks like there only ONE wire going from the fuel level sensor to the gauge. I tried either inlet from the gauge but no signal. Any idea? I even ground the fuel gauge. Is it possible the fuel level sensor is bad?

sandcobra164

Never trust the fuel gauge on a MV. There are two wires going to the fuel gauge, 1 has 24 volts, one grounds to the sending unit. It varies it's resistance based on the amount of fuel present and what the float level is at. Back to my first sentence, If you believe a fuel gauge in you're Deuce or any other MV, get a good pair of walking shoes because you'll need them. I don't take my truck out of the yard unless I can see fuel in the strainer. In my Deuces case, that should mean I have at least 20 or 30 gallons of Go Go juice but the gauge will only read about 1/2 a tank. It also ran out of fuel at 1/4 tank one time. I use the "visual" check from now on and my gauge thinks it's "working". I just don't trust it too much.

Lextreme

For some reasons, my fuel level sensor only has ONE wire... Perhaps the ground is the truck body already...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
YES ONE wire, it goes to the sender, the sender is grounded to the tank, A lot of people will ADD a ground FROM the TANK to the FRAME.

63C20

The Fuel Gauge on a Deuce is strictly a serving suggestion.
What are you doing with the fuel return ?
Nice truck in your avatar BTW