• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel in my oil/oil pressure low

oddshot

You can visually identify any of the suggested problem areas.

Do not just change things and hope. You can easily diagnose all of the items mentioned.

The HH, remove the shutoff cover and turn on the in tank pump and you will see if the HH orings or tappet shaft are the issue.

The FDC, remove the bolts holding it onto the housing and turn on the in tank pump, look for leaks underneath it.

The Boost pump, the same.

The flame heater, can only let fuel into the oil if the it leaked enough to fill the intake side housing up to the shaft height and it wept past the sealed shaft and then ran into the oil return port. 99.95 % unlikely(nearly impossible). Flame heater nozzles are known to drip and can be repaired with new o rings. Remove the intake tube and look at the turbo impeller, if it looks to be soaked and fuel runs out when you remove the intake tube, that would show a total failure and possible point of fuel introduced to the oil. This is very unlikely and not one person has ever had this happen(and post it on this site in about 7 years). Personally, I would not even consider this a possibility.
VERY useful post. This is turning into one of those threads that will get cut and pasted into the back of my log book.

For the record and for anyone who needs them, does anybody know where these various seals can be purchased?

How about the correct "by the book" names, if any, of these seals so we don't confuse the guy at the parts counter.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each of the o-rings or seals mentioned have been discussed and replacement part numbers posted before. When I have more time I may try to find them and add them here to this thread. If I don't(or someone else does not) remind me later.

wild_willy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fuel in oil

Yep, they fit just right for me.
Thanks for all the responses on my problem with my injection pump , I had several mechanics look at it to see if it can be repaired , they all look at me with the deer in the head light look no one knows how to repair this problem by taking the hydraulic head off and replace the seals . So I will try to fix it myself so does anyone have any diagrams on the pump how it comes apart and were the seals are it would be much appreciated
Thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the responses on my problem with my injection pump , I had several mechanics look at it to see if it can be repaired , they all look at me with the deer in the head light look no one knows how to repair this problem by taking the hydraulic head off and replace the seals . So I will try to fix it myself so does anyone have any diagrams on the pump how it comes apart and were the seals are it would be much appreciated
Thanks
The parts TM's have diagrams in them .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks