• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel in oil

junkyardog

i have had oil going higher on the dipstick if i work this truck more than 12 hours(plowing snow).then it seams to push out the front main seal. before it was about 30 hours before it did it.this is the second time it happend. it does not smell like fuel but i believe it is. i have no coolant lose and no oil in the radiator. would this becoming from injectors or the fuel pump. or do i have other problems. thanks for any help

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is an 855, two places. Cheapest and easiest, injector o-rings, more expensive, front pump seals. If it is "C" model, one of two places, again, cheapest and easiest, the lift pump, the more expensive route, the Bosch pump.

fobrat

if its a hmmwv or cucv it could be the fuel pump. had a hmmwv do that before and it was the pump. diaphram went bad and let fuel in to the block.

junkyardog

SORRY it is a 5 ton with a multifuel sounds like another guy on this forum is having the same issue wher is the fdc peice near the injection pump what does that do. and if i pull the injector peice out of the intake for the flame heater what would i block the line with is it pipe thread

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This is the suspected cause of the recent "runaway engine" I had with my 250 Come-a-part.
In my case I had placed a temporary fuel tank on the toolbox behind the cab.
We now suspect that the fuel gravity fed past the injector O-rings, or some other seal, and filled the crankcase.
Be very careful to check the oil level to avoid the same situation I had.
If I had not cut off the air when I did the engine would probably have self-destructed.
I am hoping that there is no long term damage but the verdict is still out until we get the oil changed and install the new O rings.