• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel in oil

spentshell

Looks like ive been bitten by the FDC bug my oil dipstick is about an inch above the full line, I spent a good part of the day reading through different threads and seems like an easy job . I decided im going to put a pyro in so I can adjust the fuel, besides me wanting one for a while it kinda forces you into it. I was wondering if there is anyone who has actual photos of the bypass, I read the article on how to convert the multifuel to diesel only but I can barely read it. Pictures are worth more than a thousand words

combat32

Some good pics on the link provided, I can send you pics of mine if you want, when I replaced my IP I had to bypass the FDC, pretty easy really, shoot me a pm if you need better pics or have a question.

jasonjc

if you don't check the oil with in mintue of shut dow, It will show above full. If you check it cold IT should be above the full mark. Does the oil smell like fuel?? Bypassing the FDC will bump up the fuel and make a big difrence in power and EGT's.

spentshell

I did check it cold and was up about an inch, maybe I should send it for analysis before I make my self nuts .It was hard to smell if there was fuel in it.

jasonjc

I would not worry. It should be 1" or so above the full mark cold. I think like some where around the "E" in check on the dip stick. Now if it keeps going up than worry:wink:

spentshell

Im out in suffolk county, the bypass looks like a simple job. Im more concerned about readjusting the fuel without a pyro installed, how do I tell if the adjustment is right without it?

combat32

Here are a few pics of the FDC bypass plumbing on my IP, hope this helps.The paperwork that came with this rebuilt IP said it was set up for bypassing the FDC, it came with a little cartoon that showed the correct way to plumb it, so pretty sure this is correct, it runs great.You don't have to buy any more fittings just reuse what is already there.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks