• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel in the oil

Jeepsinker

There is a thread at the top of the deuce page entitled "How to turn up fuel in pictures". It is a sticky, you will learn a few things about the injector pump that may help you if you read through it. You need to know about the injector pumps on these if you are going to own one.

Westech

CPL
It may be the seal in the high pressure fuel pump that is inside (on the side) of the injection pump. The pump takes the 4 psi from the tank and bumps it to 65 psi and feeds it to the FDC

look in the TM and you will see the seal. Its a part that can not be found.
But from what I remember you are able to get a seal that is kinda close and fab it in.

cole slaughter

That is where I am at on the project. The truck wants to die when you let out on the clutch you have to feed it a little to take off other then that it run fine . I think there is trash in the gov. I have been wanting to pull it and have it rebuilt.

But one other thing after a extended run it will not start.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd start with removing the shut off cover and looking for fuel from the hydraulic head tappet shaft, and orings.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
what puts fuel in the oil
There are multiple places the system can bleed fuel into the oil system. Go read this thread, it has a complete list of all the places the system can be compromised and some links to threads that show how to deal with it:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?127505-deuce-making-oil

If you're searching the site and not finding the things you need, post in this thread and someone will help you: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?58151-trouble-searching

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
First step for you is to buy an IP seal kit off egay and re-seal your IP. Then drain the oil and put fresh in. Don not drive it the way it is! Have you pulled the dipstick to see where the level is? They have been know to be GALLONS overfilled. That much oil thinned by fuel will leak out of a LOT of places it normally wouldn't.