• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel ingector leak and high low transfer case is falling out of gear

jjfricko

hi. ive got to problems with my truck
1st the ingector pump is leaking i think its leaking out of the hydraulic head its drivable but i hate seeing the fuel not being used. any ideas on how to fix it.

and 2nd my hi/low transfer case shifter falls out of gear when i coast to a stop in neutral. what seems to be the problem. thanks for the help

Barrman

There is an o-ring at the hydraulic head of the IP. That could be your leak. Or, it could be one if the metal lines with a crack or as simple as a loose line.

I assume you have the air shift t-case? If you have the sprag unit, never, never, ever move the truck unless you are in a gear that is supposed to drive the truck in the direction you are going. This is true of coasting to a stop as well. Even though the engine does not help much with braking, if any. It is a good idea to have it in a gear appropriate for the speed you are going anyway.

Now, if you have an air shift case and it pops out of gear. Check your linkage. If the linkage is so out that you are not all the way into hi, that could be your cause. How far off the floor is it when you are in low? It shouldn't touch the floor, but it should be real close. The -20 tells you the exact measurement by the way.

Barrman

Do you have a lever under the gauge cluster that has a red light with it? This lever allows air to shift the transfer case into locking the front axle drive shaft in with the rears to be driven. A Sprag case "decides" when you need the front axle to help. It also has to know which direction you are going forward or reverse.