• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Injection Pump Help

sschaefer3

My saga with the IP was that I bought a rebuilt, restored, cleaned or what ever they called it from Pensacola Fuel Injection. Thankfully there was no core so I still had my original pump. The one they sent me was all washed up nice and pretty and from a van. It was actually in far worse working condition than the original pump. I had the original pump re-built locally in Phoenix, it cost more, but I had someone in town to go back to if I had issues, there were none. There are a few places that people recommend on here, just google the name. If I had done that with Pensacola Fuel Injection, my outcome could have been predicted ahead of time. No shortage of hits on them.

Chaski

Personally I have had good dealings with Oregon fuel injection and Redding fuel injection (Redding CA).

Whoever you use make sure they are a Stanadyne dealer. I had a DB2 pump rebuilt by an outfit in Klamath Falls Oregon that used a mystery knock off seal kit. It failed 10 months later, one of the shaft seals absorbed diesel fuel and grew to about 150% of its original size. Mystery parts cost me a few hundred dollars and a day of labor on my part.

What will it cost... Depends.
If everything is OK and they just have to take it apart, clean, assemble with a new kit and bench test... Somewhere around $400

If the pump is old enough that it has the older style governor weight retainer (that fails) add about another $80 to upgrade. You can tell externally if the upgrade has been done, the pump will have a small metal tag with the letter "E" stamped on it secured by one of the cover screws.

If the head and rotor is bad add another $400-500 for a new set, or less if the injection shop has any good used around.

Sometimes the case gets worn where the advance piston rides in it, if it is worn they will have to ream it larger and you will have to pay for an oversized advance piston (unsure of cost)

So hope for the best but plan for the worst. If you happen to have a core pump sitting around it might be worth sending off two so they can mix and match if need be to get you the best possible pump for the cheapest price.

Thank you for the comment iacucv;-), I just saw your comment and I try to get on and check my messages as soon as I can, I apologize for not replying sooner, I've been very busy with school and work. And I plan on getting the injector pump rebuilt sometime in the future when I get some more money. And I plan on going to all the Rally's here in Florida ( hopefully even some In Georgia:)) and I plan on getting a M35A2C with winch(that's stock)! Been wanting one since I was 8 and 9 years old. I would love to have a 2 1/2 ton truck to drive through the woods and use it as a work truck. (Not to sound rude in any way I'm actually 17). But I hope to soon get a M35A2C and a M715 to have for my vintage military truck collection, and to soon get my M1028 running.