• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Injection pump shutoff part failure HELP!!!!!!

KiloBaker

I can't wait to dig into all the TM's here;
I HAVE LOTS TO LEARN. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
I got the Deuce 2 weeks ago, and have been trying to start it ever since. And no, I wouldn't necessarily buy a non running truck, it was my neighbor's and I have driven it periodically, until last year when apparently nobody drove it...

Will bleed the thing tonight, and attempt to start it again.

KiloBaker

Post mortem on hydraulic head-

I removed the entire pump assembly and took it to a diesel fuel injection pump service. Basically I was told that this pump was junk. They showed me my disassembled pump, with a good bit of rusty metal contamination inside. I pulled all the fuel lines, flushed the fuel tank, and anything else I saw that could have had water/fuel mix.
I got a reman pump assembly (thanks C&C!) installed it, and she started right up! I also changed the belts, and flushed the coolant system since the rad was out. I found that everything was a lot easier to access once the heater on top of the drivers’ side fenderwell was removed. Out of the hayfield, into my driveway!
So now she’s home, I have to replace a headlight, unstick the heater and defrost cables, heat shrink wrap some underhood wiring that is exposed, repair the non working wipers, change the oil in the engine and running gear, and fix the drivers window that stops ½ way up. Just some little stuff.

As soon as the weather breaks this forthcoming spring, I’ll be putting her back to a camo paint job. The previous owner is a great guy, but I think lost his mind when he had the truck painted red and black.