• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel injector adjustment - advice wanted...

lino

Hey Y'all

So with a new headgasket back in and most of the truck back together, I took the often given advice and decided to test my injectors.
I am happy that I managed to build a pop tester with stuff I had in my garage (though Enerpak pumps and swagelok fittings aren't really normal garage fare...)

Anyway, once I found a ferrule that would nicely seal to the injectors (I did get rather stinky in the process), the testing went well. I have an USAF deuce from 88, and it has the Italian made injectors that are screw adjusted.

4 opened at 2800 psi, one was 2700, and one was 2600.
I adjusted the lower two up to 2800.

So here's my question:
Should I adjust all of them up to 3000?

These are used injectors and the spec does say open at a minimum of 2800, all are well within the 300 psi difference limit.
And, I should add, I really don't know anything about the accuracy or calibration of the gauge. It tops out at 3000 (so that also where it's the most inaccurate).

At this point, I'm leaning towards leaving them alone. But I wanted to see if anyone knew any good reasons to adjust them a bit higher.

Thanks

ciao
lino

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
.............and swagelok fittings aren't really normal garage fare..and it has the Italian made injectors that are screw adjusted. I adjusted the lower two up to 2800....So here's my question:Should I adjust all of them up to 3000?
Adjusting screw type injectors must be nice to have. Now all of your injectors pop at 2800 on the same device which is good. My question is what liquid are you using to test with? It would be interesting to test again with the fuel you will actually use.

pop which fuel IMG_7922.jpg

lino

Adjusting screw type injectors must be nice to have. Now all of your injectors pop at 2800 on the same device which is good. My question is what liquid are you using to test with? It would be interesting to test again with the fuel you will actually use.
I tested with the same diesel fuel I run in the engine.
May not have been ideal to have a garage full of atomized diesel... but the test was more accurate...
20151111_082155.jpg

I cleaned out the hydraulic oil that was in the pump, flushed it with diesel, and was off to the races.
(I didn't use it on cardboard, that's just to hide the mess behind it)

And yes, I was VERY pleased when they turned out to be screw adjust type injectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks