• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Injector Leak. HELP!

mikegoobs

I smelled something smoking today after driving my m1009 and low and behold there was fuel leaking onto the header from one of the fuel injectors. How do i fix this? is there some sort of seal there that needs to be replaced? Help me. And if there are seals that need to be replaced where can i get the part and is there anything special that i need to do to replace them.

vinny-socom1

Is it leaking from the return line?? if not you could remove the injector and clean the threads and reinstall. I'm not aware of any seal on the injector inself.

Vinny

mikegoobs

I checked the rubber hose that goes to the other cylinders and that was fine and made sure the fitting was tight and it still leaks. I thought it could also be leaking out from the glow plug but it was nice and snug. Wiped everything down and went for a test drive. Definetly leaking from the injector.

ralbelt

You will need a 30MM deep socket for the injector, remove the line fitting and return hose, clean off around the base so nothing falls in . Remove injector clean base and head and reinstall.

It is supposed to have a copper alloy gasket at the base part #14025557.

Last edited:

O.D. Fever

There should be a copper seal ring on the injector or in the hole. One of mine was missing. I bought an install kit and new injectors so I have a spare set of copper rings.

mikegoobs

Its a 30MM? Its not a standard size? Im kind of stranded with no tools right now and im having my pops bring me some. Thanks a lot. I was just going to have him bring me a set of standard deep sockets

What did you need in the install kit? Isnt it pretty straight forward? What does the install kit have?

The part number #14025557 is the GM part number correct? Do you know if napa carries it?

Last edited:

ralbelt

Yes thats the GM #, I do not know if napa carries it. I would think you could get a standard socket to do the job, I do not know the equivalent to 30mm.