• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel injectors, 1 or 2 hole ?

nickd

Are they interchangable? Is there any danger in changing from 1 hole to 2 hole or 2 to 1 hole, if you install all of the same type? Are there any benefits to switching?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting question. The higher power engines have one-hole injectors. They also have to deliver 50% more fuel...seems like two holes would be better for more efficient atomization...depends on size of hole(s) and IP pressure...also how the holes are aimed...
If you change, takes notes from before and after driving performance.
Keep us posted.

Gastrap

OK lets drag a 3 year old thread back to life:wink:

I pulled my injectors (LDT) to test & found they had one-hole nozzles. The multi troubleshooting TM for the LDS said if the injectors were found to have one-hole nozzles, this condition must be corrected by installing two-hole as per a particular MWO. Is this specific to the LDS, or were the one-holes not to be used for some reason?. My engine was overhauled in '91, so they still used them at that time.

Is there a TM for the LDT fuel system I'm not seeing in the list?

BTW, 3 of my injectors tested bad, leaking @ 400 psi with just a solid liquid stream. I closed off the gauge on my tester & pumped the handle VERY sharply 10 times and they all came back to life:-D Must have flushed out some crap, all 6 are now @ 2900 PSI with a great pattern & no leaks. I'll soon find out if this cures my hard starting condition & excess idle smoke.