• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel inlet retention device (fuel cap)

Carolina1010

Ouch!
Ok, I just got motivated to break out the epoxy and/or super glue, lol
I may still get it but for that kinda money I gotta try and fix mine first...... I will get the pieces parts together and take some pics

chevymike

Will a piece from an auto parts store work? No fancy chain tho.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
No, the military fill necks are huge compared to civilian ones. Nothing in the parts store will fit unless you change out the fill neck with a civilian model. The necks and caps are unique to the M10xx series.

Carolina1010

Yea, I saw the one on ebay.....
I got a tube of the jbweld plastic epoxy repair w/gap filling abilities i think it was 6 bucks
Its not the prettiest fix I've ever done but not too bad..... it'll last I think, though I did loose the ratcheting action, so I'm careful when I crank her down

Oohhh and just to know, there are two different part numbers on this assembly, yes,the ratcheting cap is a separate part from the bottom half that actually screws in to the opening....... and nooooooo, like a dumb ass I did not write it down or take any pics.....but the top ratcheting cap will come off the threaded bottom half with a little persuasion....... the top cap is what went bad, so I wonder if maybe it has a larger use then for just our trucks