• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Issue with M1008

frontiersman

Looking at a good M1008 that's local. Runs, drives great, but has a problem. When it sits awhile it loses fuel pressure. The guy installed a new fuel pump but it didn't solve the problem. Any ideas on what's causing this, or how to fix it? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

K9Vic

Injection pump is likely bad and that would cost about $400 for the IP if you do it yourself and almost double that if you had it done.

This is how to tell an IP is bad, remove the cover and look for this.

DSCN0155.jpg

frontiersman

Help with M1008

Thank you that's what I was afraid of. For what the guy is asking it isn't worth it as the body has a fair amount if rust. Besides I really want an M1028. The search continues.

dependable

Or you just have an air leak in a line or in the fuel filter base. Maybe check this out before taking apart IP.

Staying away from rust is smart if you plan to fix up or restore.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, check the fuel filter base first. usually a bad oring on the drain valves or the fuel pressure port for the STE/ICE diagnostic system. Most guys just replace the filter with a spin-on setup.

usmcpatriot

I agree with Warthog, go with the regular upgrades. First thing I did was the coffin filter, and went with a spin on. Lost prime too, so I changed the mech fuel pump, and changed out the sending unit. Real big improvement all the way around!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks