• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Issue

eric_banks32

I was coming home from work yesterday and I got to my exit and at the bottom theres a stop sign. When I stopped at the sign the truck acted like it wanted to die and then surged and went back and forth a couple of times, then was fine. It had only done it the one time so I kept driving trying to make it do it again and nothing. Then today it did the same thing. I also have a slight surge every now and then under moderate acceleration. Could this be bad fuel? I didn't use my normal stop when I filled up this time. Otherwise I'm gettin air or somethings going out.......

CUCV85

I was coming home from work yesterday and I got to my exit and at the bottom theres a stop sign. When I stopped at the sign the truck acted like it wanted to die and then surged and went back and forth a couple of times, then was fine. It had only done it the one time so I kept driving trying to make it do it again and nothing. Then today it did the same thing. I also have a slight surge every now and then under moderate acceleration. Could this be bad fuel? I didn't use my normal stop when I filled up this time. Otherwise I'm gettin air or somethings going out.......
I agree dueceman08 additive is a START, I'd try a little of each:
power service 911 (red bottle)
PS Grey bottle
Howes Lubricant - is nice you can over-treat and it claims not harmful!
---- little Grey,little red and a good lug of howes!
fuel filter, don't care what kind
if you take the hose off your fuel lift"feed"pump - blow air back into the tank.
sometimes you can get a bunch of crap on the fuel pickup "sock" whatever it's called. Take the 3 bolts out of the top cover of the injection pump take a peek in there.
take the spark plug looking thing "return line valve"? out (it's in that plate on the top of the ip) it has a rubber hose looping up and down to a steel line - and look for rubber pieces in there. could have the ip failing? hope not.
you should see a ball in there (glass) = original
steel ball <----usually the replacement and/or rebuild part installed

Last edited:

eric_banks32

Stopped at the truck stop today and topped off the tank. It was just below half. Also added some Optilube XPD additive. Truck seems fine now. So hopefuly it was just bad fuel. Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to buy a filter and lift pump for cheap insurance.

deuceman08

i run the habbit of putting the additive in every tank. if not i every tank i would run if in every couple. can never hurt.