• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Leak help

Just lost power and have had the 803a running for around an hour. Went out to check and smelled fuel. Opened up the dead crank side door and noticed fuel dripping off the front of the engine. Any lue of what I need to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the roof panel off above the engine. You see the hard fuel line that goes from the fuel fitler bowl, to the metering pumps near the pushrod tubes? At the left hand end of that, is the soft 'fuel return' line. You probably have a leak in this line, either at one of the Ts at the injectors, or just somewhere in the run.

Got an O Reillys auto near you? Source some Gates safety strip (https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...ripe-fuel-hose/gats/27000?q=gates+27000&pos=0) and some new plastic 1/8" vacuum tees (and some small zip ties, to zip tie the ends for additional safety at every seam). You may be able to reuse the Ts up top, but if you can buy new, I would. Just cut to length and replace whats there. You will want to put a dab of motor oil (or similar) on the barb ends and the ends of the soft lines, to get them together more easily.

You will need to remove the muffler, and the air filter housing to get to the fuel lines easily, but its worth it.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know if you ever changed out the stock seperator or not, but if you haven't... your life will be easier with the roof panels off (as you need to remove the side panel near it, to get good access to use a chain wrench to remove the bastard).

I would personally change out the larger primary fuel lines too, if you are already in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks