• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel leak in ldt465 1c

5ton4ever

I have a fuel leak from a part that screws into the tube that runs from the turbo to the intake manifold. The part is about 2 inches long and has a fuel line and another line coming from it. Anybody know what that part is called and where can I find a replacement? Thanks. It is a continantal ldt465 1c.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got a pic? I don't know of any fuel lines run to that area. Could it be part of the cold air heater thingy? Is it attached at the air horn elbow?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
:ditto:

look at the end of the part you describe, is there a small snap ring visible?, if so, and the leak is coming from this area, there is an o-ring that can be accessed by removing the snap ring and removing the round plug that is retained by the snap ring. It will have a o-ring around it that dries out and lets fuel drip out and down on the hot turbo. . .

replace the o-ring and reassemble.

Attachments

Last edited:

bguy193

I too have diconnected my flame heater due to a leak. I will tackle it this summer, rebuild or replace.............Has anyone used the new style sold by Memphis Equipment??????

bguy193

"New Style" flame heater????
Sorry about that, bad wording...............What I meant to say was that they have a new style nozzel that is all metal with out the leaky rear o-ring. I came across a post about it a while back but nobody said if they had actually purchased and installed one or not.

Flyingvan911

I bought a new flame heater nozzle from Memphis equipment. I installed it and it works very well. Just get the fittings tight and use some diesel proof sealer and it won't leak. Replacing it was easy. The new one was about 60 bucks and 12 for shipping. While you're at it, pull out the igniter (above the nozzle) and clean the electrodes. I used some 400 grit sandpaper.

broman78

I just fixed mine a couple of days ago. When taking the back plate that is leaking take snap ring out and just pound it on a piece of wood and it will come out enough to pry out. If you take the front nozzle apart be careful because there is a washer that you have to put on just right or will affect the threads while trying to install.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks