• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak on MEP 803a

2mas-

Hi,

Started up my new MEP-803a yesterday and it ran OK. Noticed the diesel return leaks in the fuel line i marked it the pictures. Is it possible to buy this fuel line new? Or can I put on a transparent fuel line over the steel line with a clamp on?

Its seems weird that the clothed fuel line is "pushed" in to the steel line, looks like a bad design..

1591257139111.png

Hope someone can give me some good advices here :)

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can replace this line, your choice to hunt down OEM or another solution. This topic is well covered in the forums. I would use the search phrase 'fuel return line' and see what you get. Many different options, but an easy fix.

The barb holds the fuel line just fine.

Bmxenbrett

It's not a bad design. The rubber degrades faster than the cloth covering. Your leak is most likely at the bend because hard rubber that's bent leaks first.

I would replace all the return lines as soon as the generator isnt needed. Usually this requires removing the top lid and the cover by the fuel fill.

joeblack5

Wow, not sure about these gensets 802 here. Today the return from the injectors pissed diesel al over the engine. After 45 min run I heard this hissing sound thinking it was my air compressor but found a smoking genset.. I am not impressed.. that return line should not be hooked up to the inlet and be under electric pump pressure.
I felt lucky that it did not start a fire. .
We have three of these . By now I am surprised why the military used such a poor design...between the chafed wiring , poor fuel system and overly complicated electronics...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks