• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak

britcucv

Hi,I have afuel leak on my CUCV,its comeing from around the bellhouseing ,all the web sites say IP leaking ,does the pump leak into the V of the engine first then drain of around the bellhouseing ,because this part of the engine is dry ,or does it leak down some other route ,I have checked all the fuel lines and the pump but no dampness ,its not pouring out just a few drips ,can any one be of help ? IAN U.K.

cpf240

Yes. The throttle shaft seals are a common leak point, along with old fuel lines. Try placing a rag under the IP and take it out for a drive, then check the rag for fuel.

britcucv

Thanks for your reply cpf240 , done what you said with some rag and there was some fuel leaking there ,but how does that fuel leak down to the bellhouseing?because the valley on the, top of the engine was dry,or is there a drain hole at the front which drains to the back ? and will it be ok to drive any distance ,because those injector pumps are not the that easy to get in the U.K. ,THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP ,IAN

cpf240

Yes, there is a drain from the intake valley into the bell housing, and out the weep hole at the bottom of the bell housing. The valley may appear dry, but there is still a leak. Perhaps when the vehicle is moving, the air flow, etc, allows the leaked fuel to reach the drain before it evaporates?

You can drive it safely, the only issue could be that the leak could allow air into the fuel system, causing hard starts. If it is just a seal leak, there are rebuild kits available on ebay and probably other sites. I'm told that just replacing the seals can be done if you are careful. A full rebuild requires more equipment and expertise than I have, so if it runs well but leaks, I'd try replacing the seals. If it leaks and doesn't run well, I'd send it in for a rebuild.

daniel.7575

Hi Ian,

im in the same position as you were, my IP leaks from the throttle shaft seal.. I've been informed on here that I can change this without pulling the pump or manifold.. Does anyone have any details of this? And where I can get a seal kit that could be sent to the UK? Would be interested to hear how you got on Ian.

thanks.
Daniel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks