• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel line leak.

4x4e350

I figured I would post this, in hopes it may help someone else out.
I was going to take the 5 ton out for a initial drive to see how she ran and handled, after I did the crew cab, I haven't had her out since Nov. of last year. I had started her up a few times, and let her idle, and she always ran /idled great. Yesterday I started her up, and let her warm up, I noticed the left tank was getting low, so I switched over to the right tank. After about 10 minutes of idling, she started to run rough, then completely died. I thought maybe I had a dirty filter.
I switched back over to the left tank, then cranked her a lot, to get her started. Then she idled really rough, and would not run very good. After going through all the fuel lines, I found this, a small hole in the fuel line. there was no signs of any leaks, so it took me a while to find it. It was just above the frame, and looked like it was hit a while ago, but somehow I hit it enough to open it up.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks