• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Line leak

Big Ron

I have a small "pin hole" in my fuel line. It is not gushing out, but more like a fine mist. The fuel line looks to be like hard plastic tube, but I haven't looked too hard at it since it has 15 coats to paint on it. Is it possible to seal the hole with a plastic weld or some other epoxy until I can find replacment lines? I just got the title and tag in the mail and want to take her out, but not with a fuel leak.

rlwm211

The plastic lines are readily available from any auto parts store that has airbrake plastic line. If you take the piece off and bring it with you a good counter person should be able to sell you what you need. You can re-use the hex nuts and only need new ferrules and tubing. It is advisable to use the inserts pushed into the end of the line after sliding the ferrule on. This prevents the ferrule from compressing the line and causing a leak over time.

RL

rlwm211

I found everything I needed at NAPA.

Be sure to get the short ferrules. There are longer ones but they will not allow the hex fitting to catch the threads.

RL

Big Ron

Thanks guys. Just wanted to know the correct terminology, tubing used, and where to get the parts. I searched on here for a while to try and not sound like such a Nubie, but couldnt find what I needed. I will stop at Napa tomorrow after work with old line in hand and get it done for the weekend. The hole is towards the middle of the line between the injection pump and the filters, and I think Im gonna do some PM and replace them all anyway. Thanks again guys, this site has really got me addicted to my new MV hobby. :beer:

Flyingvan911

The FDC is by the Injector Pump on the left front of the engine. The FDC's are know to also inject fuel into the crankcase thereby cleaning the engine real good but also thinning the oil to the point it leaks out of every gasket. It's also not so good for lubing the engine.

There are pics and tutorials on here. Just search for FDC bypass. I have been to Lakeland to visit family. It's a cool place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks