• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Line replacement m1008

blackjf

I have an M1008 that has developed a fuel leak. I have read a couple of posts...some say a rubber line is ok because it is low pressure, some recommended against that. What are people's personal experiences with either option? Rubber seems as though it would be easier. Thanks in advance.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the leaking fuel line? The high pressure steel lines, must be steel.

ralbelt

Replace steel with steel and rubber with rubber. I had a volvo years ago that the steel line was cut off and a rubber piece put on, well the rubber split or slid off couldn't tell which after the fire, totaled the car.

blackjf

It is split where the lines run inside the frame below the passenger door (between the tank and the fuel filter). It appears the two lines were touching...they may have rubbed through or just captured junk from the road and eventually rusted through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks