• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pick up tube

5tonman1971

Ok so I had my primary fuel filters go under a vacuum again so this time I tried pulling my pickup tube uot to see if it was clogged and of coarse it wasent so now I'm very confused but this is not my problem while I was taking out the pick up tube my buddy slipped the wrench on the 90 degree fitting coming from the tank to the fuel suction line and he mashed the threads from tweaking the 90 the threads on one side have been mooshed in and now I can not thread my tube in.

Is the 90 and pick up tube replaceable or should I get a die set big enough to clean up the threads?

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replace it, But you will have to put the pickup tube on the inside of it. Not sure if the A2's are the same as the A1"s,
But the pickup tube is soldered to the 90 degree part on the inside of the tank.

Tornadogt

You can remove the fitting and use a small die grinder removing the first 1-2 threads in that area until the hard line will start again. It does not seal on the threads, It seals on the inverted flair down deep in the fitting. As long as it tightens up good and firm it will work just fine.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 90º is soldered to the base plate. So you either need to find a tap to chase the threads, or get a new mounting plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks