• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel polishing

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Doc, I might be working on polishing fuel, and I've gotten good at polishing my knob, but...

I wouldn't touch your nuts with WRECKERMAN'S hands!
roflroflrofl

Westex

Getting down to 'nuts' and bolts again, is there anything wrong with letting stand waste motor oil in the hot sun and then cranking up about 8 inches above the bottom of say, a 55 gallon drum, the waste oil, and pouring it through a HEPA vacuum cleaner bag for filtration into your fuel tank of a multifuel deuce?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have a black 200 gal tank that is in the sun. I use it to separate water, and crud, out of the oil. I have a drain on the bottom on the side (it's like a drum on it's side) that I drain water from till I start getting oil, then I draw from 6" above that to filter.

Don't know about the vac bag.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks