• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump and NOCO 2x2

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1-I might be in need of an in-tank fuel pump...TBD. I cannot hear it running, so I will pull it this week to get a look at it. I find only one used Parker 1c20-10 available, so I'd like to know if anyone has installed a Facet pump...https://www.facet-purolator.com/dura-lift/... instead? This one looks like it would suffice and it should not be overly difficult to fab a mount for it on the existing frame if need be. Electrical mating should not be overly difficult to manage as well. I have not been able to find dimensions, but I'd be surprised if it slipped into the extant frame. Suggestions as to another pump or pumps would be more than welcome.

2-I put a NOCO 2x2 charger/maintainer on the genset trailer and am more than thrilled with how it is working. I have another for the deuce and would like to know if anyone has mounted one, or something like it, and if so, where? Seems like it has to go inside the cab. It appears feasible to lengthen the wires from the charger to the clamps, and some sort of pass through should be doable.

bs

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1-I might be in need of an in-tank fuel pump...TBD. I cannot hear it running, so I will pull it this week to get a look at it. I find only one used Parker 1c20-10 available, so I'd like to know if anyone has installed a Facet pump...https://www.facet-purolator.com/dura-lift/... instead? This one looks like it would suffice and it should not be overly difficult to fab a mount for it on the existing frame if need be. Electrical mating should not be overly difficult to manage as well. I have not been able to find dimensions, but I'd be surprised if it slipped into the extant frame. Suggestions as to another pump or pumps would be more than welcome.

2-I put a NOCO 2x2 charger/maintainer on the genset trailer and am more than thrilled with how it is working. I have another for the deuce and would like to know if anyone has mounted one, or something like it, and if so, where? Seems like it has to go inside the cab. It appears feasible to lengthen the wires from the charger to the clamps, and some sort of pass through should be doable.

bs
I just got done putting a Noco gen 5x2 charger on my deuce. I mounted the charger on the transmission tunnel inside the cab, under the seat near the back wall, with the cords pointed towards the passenger side and routed the wires down to the battery box through the holes for the slave cable that I removed. No lengthening necessary.

There was enough cord on the 120V plug that I originally had it routed out the other slave cable hole and zip tied to a fuel line coming out of the fuel tank, but I wasn't happy with how it looked. I replaced the slave cable port with a Noco power port and am happier with it that way. If you wanted to keep your slave cable, you could drill another hole in the floor and it would still work, as long as the cables on the 2x2 aren't shorter than the 5x2.

20220116_213449.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks