• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pump Carbon Tab

stevegr

I modified two pictures to clarify the carbon tab that is referred to here. Any help is appreciated.

Fuel pump blew a fuse on my 71 M35A2. Thought for sure the end plate and spacers fell out of my pump so I pulled it from the tank. As you can see, this pump has the end plate riveted on. Screens were clogged so I blew them and the pump out with air. I seperated the pump and when I blew it out with air, the carbon tab blew off. I didn't have any adhesive to glue it back on and even if I did, wasn't sure I'd be able to put it in the same place so the ball bearing would find the center. Carefully sat the carbon tab back in place without adhesive, put the pump back together using a 4 amp slo-blow fuse, put it in the truck and have run the truck for about 20 minutes. Pump is still working.

Question. Should I be concerned about the carbon tab not being glued on? I admit, putting it back together without gluing the tab was not the smartest thing to do but I was in a hurry and didn't have any adhesive.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

wcolt45

I had mine apart cleaning it awhile back and wandered the same,i noticed that area was magnatized and the button would stay put on its own ,i think that button simply acts as a bearing of sorts but if the divit in the button bothers you simply flip it to the "new"side,be careful reassembling as these parts are small.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wouldn't worry about it. It should be sandwiched in place and held there with the screws holding the halfs together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks