• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump fuse

jwright

Ok I have replaced the fuse for the pump about 3 times now in one day. I put in a 3 amp slow blow and it will work for a little bit thin it will blow some time when I'm driving it. Do I try a 5 amp? or is the pump on its way out? Its sounds Ok

crazyplowboy

The fuse is under a housing on top of the fuel tank. The housing has 3 nuts that hold it on, and it has wires coming out of it. The housing sits on top of the intank pump access panel, about 6" diameter round plate on fuel tank.

halftrack43

Those fuse blocks are notorios for getting corroded and that adds resistance, and causes the fuse to blow also.Try cleaning all the contacts, if that doesn't work , by-pass it and put an inline fuse holder in.
Rick

halftrack43

Every thing looks great nice and clean, and all I am running is diesel
The pump can get clogged from sluge in the bottom of an old tank. Has it ever been cleaned out? I replaced my pump, and when it came out it did have sum thick grime stuck to the filter screen. The guys at the base say too much can overload the pump also. One other MV owner found a pinched power line when he took his out for a similar problem. It's really not hard to take out, if the screws break loose ok, just use a sharp spackle knife to lift and save the gasket(or buy one before you start, I was able to reuse mine) then the whole assy. lifts right out. Check the wires. The harness should be clamped to one leg of the housing, But it may have come loose enough to wear through and be shorting as the fuel moves around and the vibrations from the truck shake it. On the outside of the tank is your grounds, check that also. Good luck , hope one of these help you.
Rick

jwright

The tank is nice and clean The 5 amp lasted alittle longer then the 3 amp so Im going to pull the pump out again and check the wiring

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i need to get some extra fused for the tool pouch. where is a good source for those .. seams like i seen one time radio shack had those in stock

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to napa to get a supply of 3 and 5 amp fuses for my recovery coming up monday and they showed me many different sizes and types. Could someone post the exact number for fuses, slow blow or otherwise. Thanks in advance. Scrapdaddy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks