• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pump Question

panic_button

I had issues with my fuel pumps on a -003a not operating to the full 7psi. After pulling them off and cleaning them with about 3 cans of carb cleaner (man the crap in the screens!), I can get 2 of them to operate at the correct pressure. The 3rd doesn't actuate at all. I've connected it to working electric feeds and nothing. The heavy steel plunger fails to move. Is it time to trash it? Currently I have the 2 working ones set up for the Aux and the Main, is the 2nd Main nessessary? The ones that run sound like I'm hitting them with a hammer, normal?

I found a person that has about 10 pumps for $24.50 each, good price?

Thanks-

Last edited:

randyman

Are the pumps new or used? If they are new, I would be interested in a couple. I have two pumps that I'm going to try and clean up and get operating so your success gives me hope.

coyotegray

It's not necessary for the unit to operate. It's there for redundancy. I removed the secondary pump from my 003 and set it aside as a spare.

Andy..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks