• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel pump

madmachinistm1a1

Whats a good price for the in- tank pump for the duece. Need one to get the project going. Seen them for $250 or so thought thats a little steep. Outher option is a 24V in line pump that delivers 14-16 gals. per hour for $75. Would rather keep it original, so if anybody's got an extra one let me know.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Unless you can find a good used one, they are 225 from the manufacturer. I know alot of guys buy the inline pumps for $75 and use them instead.

DieselBob

Welcome to the site madmachinistm1a1. Is the pump motor not running or is the motor running and no flow. The pump has a habit of the bottom falling off which causes it to run but no fuel output. This can be fix most of the time by reassembling the bottom and using small screws or safety wire to keep it from coming apart.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The pump has a habit of the bottom falling off which causes it to run but no fuel output.
There is also a fuse in the pump unit that will deadline it if blown. You have to get a slow blow fuse from NAPA or the like.

They are not cheap.....I paid a couple of bucks each but bought a bunch of them.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I disremember the amperage...prob in the TM.....in a slow blow fuse the filiment is thicker so that a surge will not blow it unless
it gets too extreme. If my son had not repoed his digital I would post some pics of them.

They do not have a clear glass body....looks like some sort of ceramic material.

I got mine from NAPA.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Stock is 3 amp, I use a 5 cause of "my fuel". The slow blow fuses allow a larger influx of current at start up. So say it takes 8amp to start but 4 amp to run, you are good to go. If it stays at 8 amp for too long, it blows.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try searching this site for "slow blow fuse"!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks